|Chatmohor Shahi Mosjid, Pabna|
During this time, the Mughals and the Pathans were active in this area. In 1581 Emperor Akbar's army chief Masum Khan Kabali built a mosque here. This is today's Chatmohar Shahi Mosque. However, it is mentioned as Masum Kabalir Masjid on the pages of various books.
There was a Persian inscription engraved on Tughra in this mosque. However, this inscription is now preserved in Rajshahi Varendra Museum.
This mosque, built in red jafri brick, is of three domes. Jafri bricks are called because these bricks are not thick like bricks today. The wall of the mosque is about 6 feet 9 inches wide. Three quarters can stand in the mosque. There is a black stone written by Kalima Tayeba. At present, the mosque is a protected building.
Way to goBuses from Dhaka, Badal, Shyamoli, Dulki, Metropolis etc are also in Pabna. They will reach Pabna town on one of them. Chatmohar will fly from Pabna city to any local vehicle. When you go there and ask someone,they show you the way of Chatmohar Shahee Mosque.
Where to stay
- Hotel Expatriate Inter-National, Rupkatha Road, Pabna 6600, Bangladesh. Phone: +88 01749148685
- Hotel Park (have air-conditioned rooms), Abdul Hamid Road. Phone: 0731-64096
- Hotel Shilton, Abdul Hamid Road, Pabna Phone: 0731-60060171-433249
- Chaynir Hotel, Rupkotha Road, Pabna Phone: 0731-66100, 65390
- Prime guest house (car parking, air-conditioned rooms), Abdul Hamid Road, Pabna. Phone: 0731-65701, 0731-66901
- Midnight Moon Chinese restaurant (residential hotel, car parking, air-conditioned rooms), Abdul Hamid Road, Pabna Phone: 0731-65787
- Hotel and Chinese restaurants (there are air-conditioned rooms), Romantic Road, Pabna. Phone: 0731-640299,0731-65861