|Atiya Jame Mosque, Tangail|
Atia Mosque is an ancient historical mosque in Dalduar upazila of Tangail district of Bangladesh.
which is one of the archaeological remains of Bangladesh. Atiya village of Delduar Upazila is about six kilometers south of Tangail city.
Atiya Mosque located on the east side of the river Lauhajang. The architectural style of this mosque made of red brick is very nice. The mosque is basically a domed square. There are also three smaller rectangular verandas in the east. There are three entrances to the mosque to enter the mosque.
The qibla wall of the mosque has three decorated Mehrab. Excellent all terracotta designs on the eastern and northern walls of the Atia Mosque.
|10 taka note that contains Atiya Jame Mosque|
This mosque, constructed by a red brick, is quite small in size, only 18.29 meters (59 feet) x 12.19 meters (40 feet) and the thickness of the wall is 2.23 meters (7.7 feet). There are four octagonal monuments in the four corners, above which The part has a small dome shape.
The architecture of the Sultanate and Mughal periods is a clear example of the architectural style of this mosque in the style of construction.
Because of the design, numerous flower decoration, the Atiya Mosque is a beautiful sight. This type of ornamentation was observed in the 16th century in Gaur's Jahania Mosque and Kadam Mosque.
One of the most striking features of the Atiya Mosque is the bow-shaped cornice-like curved cornice that is fully regarded as the rural heritage of Bengal. In fact, these innovations are considered attractive in the construction of bamboos from the bamboo booths.
At one time there was a picture of Atiya Mosque on one side of the value of 10 (ten) worth of notes printed by Bangladesh Bank in Bangladesh.
How to go
First, you have to reach Tangail town. Various buses from Mohakhali bus terminal in Dhaka, such as Jhotika Service, Dhaleshwari service directly to Tangail. It will cost around Tk 120 / - and take 2-3 buses for 2-3 buses. You have to go to Tangail's old bus stand.
Now you have to hire CNG Autorickshaw for Pathrail Bottola up to BabiStand for 1 minute walk from the old bus stand. It will cost about 15 taka and it will take 15 minutes to 20 minutes.
The CNG auto-rickshaw again will be able to reach the Atia Mosque at about 10 minutes by paying a 10 rupees from the floor. You can also go to a private car or rent CNG auto rickshaws.
Where will it be
There are many hotels and guest houses to stay in Tangail. All of these are worth mentioning
1. Palash House / Night Ginger Residencial Hotel, Mosque Road, Tangail Phone: 0921-53154
2. Al Faisal Hotel Residencial, Mosque Road, Tangail Phone: 0921-53918
3. Hotel Sea Residential, New Market Road, Tangail Phone: 0921-54308
4. Afrin Hotel, Mosque Road, Tangail Mobile: 01916782389.
5. SS Rest House, Akuratakur Para, Tangail Phone: 0921-55180
6. Rural electricity rest house, Tangail Phone: 0921-53390
7. LGED Rest House (Government), Tangail Phone: 0921-54261
8. Sugandha Hotel, Old Bus Stand, Tangail Mobile: 01674-346815.
9. Nirmala Hotel, Nirala Border, Tangail Phone: 0921-61363
10. Poissi Hotel, Nirala Border, Tangail Mobile: 01711-3542493
11. Hotel Short, Nirala, Tangail Phone: 0921-5521.
12. Hotel Aditya (Residential), Madhupur, Tangail Mobile: 01716-796065.
13. Hotel Dream Touch (Residential), Madhupur, Tangail Mobile: 01717218799.
14. Salban Residential Hotel, Madhupur, Tangail Mobile: 01713462310.
15. Islamia Guest House, Madhupur, Tangail Mobile: 01917566243.
16. Vai Vai guest house, madhupur, tangail Mobile: 01190975539.
17. Jamuna Resort Limited, Kalihati, Tangail Phone: 09239-76032-4
18. Elenga Resort Limited Residential Hotels, Allega, Kalihati, Tangail Phone: 02-9884322